Pages

Sunday 31 March 2013

Reaper: Captain Haranobu

Hello folks,

Well it has been just over two weeks since my last post of apology. Almost everything will be back to normal now as I have entered my Easter Holidays or Spring break(however not quite as extravagant) to those over the sea. My two weeks will be mainly studying for  my exams but I will set aside about one to two hours of painting per day. This will probably mean a post every two or three days. Anyway enough the the chit chat, lets get down to business.

Some time last year at a convention I picked up quite a few Reaper Warlord figures that were going cheap. Captain Haranobu was one of them. It took me quite a while to practise the techniques for painting this guy, knowing the correct colour combinations, glazing, wet brushing, non metallic metal, dark to light fading and free hand designs. I am surprised this figure doesn't topple over with all the paint on him! Lets see how he looks.


Unfortunately I don't have a better camera yet, therefore the digital camera I have bleaches the colour varaitions. This is fact and not just an excuse for my poor brush work! :D



The markings on both sides of the flag are Japanese for 'Sword Master', it took me quite a while to find the right word that looked good and meant something that made sense. It was also a challenge to do the writing with all the creases in the flag, despite that I think I did a good job. I know, how modest of me! Also have a look at the fan he is holding in his left hand, it is blurred but faintly you can see the floral pattern on the fan. Just simply red dots with lots of small green dots around the red dots.


This picture isn't very good but I took it to get a better view of his face.

I haven't completed the base yet because this piece is going to be a competition entry. I have still to deside on a design and the materials I am going to use. Also if any readers have an criticisms about  my paint job please say so in the comments as long as it has next steps to fixing it. Thank you for reading my post and I will post again in the next few days. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...