Pages

Monday 31 December 2012

NEWS: A New Year and New Beginnings....

Hello Folks!

Well Happy New Year To one and all (post and pre celebrations, hiccup :O). Well in March of this year I picked up a paint brush and slapped some paint on metal model. I think it was a servitor. I had no real clue what I was doing and was doing it just for the fun of painting. Obviously not because he had been lying for X amount of years. Then I started to gain small tips from my Dad and his friends. Then by chance as I was browsing the web for painted marines I came across a man. This man was from Chicago and his name was James Wappel. Now you might find this quite bizzare but when I first saw Mr Wappels blog it only had about 10,000 page views. But what really hit me was his quality of work. I was pleased to just get the paint in the right place but this, genious as I called him, could shade blend and do NMM. I was such a noob it took me a month to work out what NMM was!

These are the servitors. As you can see I used very harsh highlighting. And hardly any shading.
Later on in the year just before the summer hols started I got my first 'paid favour' (just in case the tax man gets me :D). I was given, what seemed like a mountain, of Tau. And the funny thing is he said that there was still more to come. My expression was quite something to behold, from what I gather from other sources. However I was quite excited for this new project for over the summer, how naive I was to think it would only take the summer...
The first set of Figures I did, Normal Kroot. You can see I have greatly improved with my highlighting and shading. I know how modest am I :).

Then as the summer progressed I completed about 4 -5 figures per two days of work, that included the clean up and the undercoat etc. As the summer days grew short, school started up and it was soon Autumn then October, then studying for my Prelims. And I guess you're wondering what have I done since the last post? Well not much to be frank. My ideas for the Diorama have progressed so I now have about three or four ideas for my diorama. A big thank you for all the help from NAWGC and Cpyke for giving me the links. Also to TofP for giving me some names of paints I need. I have finished a miniature for my diorama. He is Erin of the Flame, a Reaper model. Unfortunately I have just finished him about 20 minutes ago so no photos as of yet but they will be up in the meantime.

This post is to thank people and re-cap what I have done over my first 8 months as a blogger. I will now take the time to reflect on what it has been like. Many of my club mates have asked what it is like to Blog to world about painting and if it is worth it. And I say yes it is, you get to look at the Monet's and Gogh's of the miniature painting world and you can try and develop your own talent and ask them questions about how they do some of their techniques. You can also make new friends and see what other games and types of miniatures there are outwith GW. You can also voice your own opinions on present gaming matters and blabber on about how you feel the blogger experience has changed your technique and re-cap on what you have done over the year. Don't know who would do that! :D

Now for the round off, that's right I'm going to stop typing!

I would like to say a big thank you to all those who have taken the time to look at my painted miniatures. It also brings me joy to see that the majority of my views are on the tutorials, for which more will be added. I would also like to thank James Wappel for putting up with my noobiness during the first few months of me painting miniatures and all the blogs I have followed for offering little tit-bits of info to help me. But of course mainly to my paint brushes and paints, because without them none of this would be possible. I hope you all enjoy 2013 and may it bring more happiness and joy to all of us. At least there will be no threat of the world ending... BYE FOR NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...