Pages

Monday 20 May 2013

A Mini - update!

Hello Folks,

Well the past week has been a busy one. I have been studying, painting and building for the majority of the days. I have started work for my Duke of Edinburgh (An award scheme from my school) and I have lazed around watching Stargate SG-1 and the new season of Game of Thrones. And who said your school days were your worst?! Anyway back to the Mini - Update. So what have I been doing Miniature wise. Click after the Jump to find out:

Well I have built up the majority of my Welsh Saga Army. Only a few Levi's and the Warlord to go. If you don't have a scooby what I'm taking about then here is a summary of the units and what they mean:

  1. Levi's: 12man unit, low armour, low attack (1 D6 per two men), good with shooting
  2. Warriors: 8 man unit, medium armour, decent attack (1 D6 per man), decent shooting
  3. Hearth guard: 4 man unit, high armour, great attack (2 D6 per man), decent shooting
  4. Warlord: 2 man unit, high armour, 5 D6 attacks, shooting varies
Each unit is worth one point and most games are 6 points and your Warlord is free. I will go into more detail with the Saga system once I have built and painted all my army and I have done a battle report. I just wanted to cover the basics since the pics of this post will be Saga orientated. Here are some of the units I have built up that are ready to be undercoated:

These guys above are Hearth guard. As you can see there is a unit of six and a unit of four. When I make up my Army it has 3 units of Hearth guard which can be split into to units of six. The second unit of six is currently undercoated and is in the shed drying.



These are the two out of the three warrior units I have done. Every warrior unit has spears since that's what my Welsh have. The third unit is undercoated. These models aren't Welsh though they are converted Saxons but they suit their purpose well. Also none of these models have shields because I still have work to do on them and it will be easier to paint them without the shield attached. So keep your eyes peeled for these guys appearing during the summer.

In other news I have finished off four Firewarriors for the Tau commission they will be going up later on in the week. Also Tale of Painters have accepted me into their Readers edition of Tale of the Mega Painters which I believe is going up some time this week so keep watch for that. I think I have covered all bases for today. Thanks for reading and until next time, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...