Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Firewarriors: Squad 1

Hello Folks,

I thought it would be best to give you all an update since I haven't posted for a while. My painting of the Tau commission is picking up speed, I am now half way through another Firewarrior squad and I have a Devilfish ready to be undercoated. Expect more Firewarriors after this one over the coming days. These guys were done over a couple of evenings last week when the weather was dull and grey and typically Scottish. Even though I have already painted a Firewarrior squad, this is going to be squad one.
Click 'Read More' to get more pictures and an explanation as to why squad 2 became squad one and vice versa:
So why did my second squad become the first. Well it is mainly to do with the Tau Sept's. In the codex's the colour of the Sept's indicate the type of warrior and the type of Sept's indicate which squad. My first idea for determining which squad was which was to give each squad of everything a different Sept colour. But after I painted at least one squad of everything I realised that that wouldn't work for Battlesuits or Pathfinders as they can be mixed and matched in numerous combinations. So I then thought of keeping the same Sept colour for each Caste, e.g Firewarriors - blue, Battlesuits - green, Pathfinders - purple etc etc but changing the shape of the marking. In the end that is what we went for and to be honest it works out better for everyone, I don't have to invent millions of colours and the client can determine squads easier. Enough of my rambling, here are the pictures:


 These guys are also slightly different to the last ones I did. I haven't gone as made with the colour Sept and I have added slightly brighter highlights to the armour. On the Helmets they have one blue Sept dash, that indicates squad one, and if you have a look at the previous ones they had two Sept dashes: Previous Firewarrior Group. The next four Firewarriors will be up sometime either at the end of this week or beginning of next week. After this squad is done I will attempt the Devilfish in all its camouflaging glory. I am planning to do a WIP and tutorial from it, through my thought process to the final result to help anyone else who might be struggling with their Tau camo. Put in the comments if you think this is a good idea or you just want to see the model when it's done. I'll be doing WIP's regardless so it is really just for the tutorial. Thanks for reading and until next time, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...