Pages

Thursday 19 July 2012

Leading the Charge - Kroot Shaper

Hello!

Even though the blog has been quite quiet over the past few days I have been busy. Yesterday I didn't get much painting done as I had other things to do during the day. Luckily though I had some time in the afternoon and evening to paint up the first of two kroot shapers. I started at 3:30pm and finished him at 9:00pm. I did have breaks in between though so it probably took me about 4 or 4.5 hours to paint him. I really like this model compared to the other Shaper, mainly because he carries a pulse rifle, just my preference of weapon :). I did take some WIP images as well of the first few steps but then after that I was kind of pushed for time so I got my head down and finished him off. I will show the WIPs of him first then the fully painted pics. Here he is:

Stage 1 - Applying base layers

Stage two - Re-applying darker base layers

Rear view shot of stage 2
And now the fully painted version:




I will post the group shots of what I have done so far later on today, probably some time in the afternoon. But between now and then it is time to paint the last Krootox. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...